I'm currently in the middle of organising my little one's Christening in the summer. I also have the honour of being Godmother to my lovely friend's daughter Niamh in May. So with two very important Christening's coming up in the next few months, it got me thinking; what do you wear to a Christening?
It's not a formal event as a wedding would be, but it's not a casual party as there's a Church involved. So what is the perfect dress code for a summer Christening? Here are my thoughts:
- A lightweight day dress is almost certainly going to be appropriate
- Choose a luxe fabric like silk, lace panelling and brocade but stay away from chiffon which may look too eveningy
- A floral print, dot or small motif always looks appropriate and romantic
- Don't overdo it with accessories
- Think about skirt length and arm coverage when going to a religious ceremony
- Stay away from white (too bridal) and black (too evening) think colour instead
- Have a coloured blazer, printed jacket or wrap on hand for the ceremony or if it gets cold at the reception
Here are my top 5 Christening dresses-
1. Finery London, Printed lace shirt dress, £69
2. Whistles, Bloomsbury print bodycon dress, £150.00
3. Diane Von Furstenberg, Meghan dress, Selfridges, £345.00
4. French Connection, Freida Flower warp dress, £130.00
5. Iris & Ink, Fi crepe dress, theoutnet.com, £155.00
Visit my pinterest board to see more of my Christening inspiration!