Q: What’s cooler than a classic cotton shirt? A: Nothing. Not one single thing.
Consider the mensy cotton button-down the sartorial bottom line. The wardrobe staple that is perhaps the most versatile piece you could ever own. Think trans-seasonal appeal, effortlessly timeless and the ability to up the cool factor of every look. Trust me, the boyish, crisp, cotton shirt is where it’s at.
For the past couple of seasons the shirt has been firmly on the fashion radar. I have been wearing shirts done up, rolled up, tucked in, over the top of pieces of clothing for a while now but wanted to update the look for next season. So I asked myself the question...
What are the endless styling possibilities of a shirt?
Let me style the shirt into your everyday wear…
1. For a casual vibe leave the first 2 buttons undone and always roll your sleeves up with the cuff's undone. With abit of styling it can transform your whole look. By adding lots of necklaces and tucking it in, it instantly becomes a more thought-about look. Pair with denim for an instant off-duty win.
2. By doing the buttons up to the top, you are really stamping your style onto the shirt. Worn with boyfriend jeans, under dungaree's or tucked into a fab skirt, this look can see you through any formal occasion from weddings, to meeting girlfriends for lunch or important days at work.
3. Wear as a dress. Of course you need to make sure that the shirt you choose to wear covers your derrière before you leave the house! By adding a belt, big or small this gives your look some serious style and also adds shape the otherwise shapeless shirt. Add long chains, fab sandles and a clutch bag to this outfit and you can move effortlessly from daytime into an evening look.
4. Worn as a modern day beach cover-up, worn open over your bikini as an alternative to a beach kaftan. White and slightly see-through gives this classic shirt a chic update, but brightly coloured alternatives add a little sunshine to that beach wardrobe.
5. Mix it up! Wear with luxe fabrics such as sequins, silks and chiffons to dress down those fabulous statement piece's hiding in your wardrobe. Wearing this look will put you ahead of the fashion pack!
For a styling session with me, email me now for an appointment.
For more shirt inspiration, check out my pinterest board - my style hero