It's always around this time of year I start compiling my Autumn Winter wishlist. I've researched all the trends, pored over the catwalks and now the products are starting to arrive instore.
It's all a mental list at the moment you must understand, but by writing it down I am committing to it and then the obsession to find the right piece escalates. This also gives me something to focus on rather than aimlessly looking on websites, or going round stores in a daze. I know what I want, I know what shapes suit me, I know my colours and I don't veer off track! (unless it's a "I must-have-it now pair of shoes"!).
As the websites and stores become less and less about sale and summer, I start adding to my transitional wardrobe. So far I have invested in a couple of pieces that range from statement shapes to classic year-in-year-out favourites. These will help me shift seamlessly from summer to autumn. Pieces that I can wear now and later, without blowing the budget along the way.
Of course the list will change as new trends come out, new pieces hit the stores and it will also get added to with knitwear and coats later in the season. But by having a list of exactly what I am missing to pull my wardrobe together, it becomes the best wardrobe it can be for my daily life.
So if you want to find out next season's classics that your wardrobe needs now, then read my list below...
Edits transitional wardrobe
1. The IT dress - Atterley shirt dress £55.00
2. The anytime biker - Whistles Jett Biker £325.00
3. The jean update - French Connection Flare jean £80.00
4. The must-have blouse - Topshop lace insert blouse £42.00
5. The everyday essential -Boden Embellished stripe tee £39.99
6. The luxe layer - Warehouse fur gilet £69.99
7. The jumpsuit revisited - Zara culotte jumpsuit £39.99
8. Hottest Boots on the scene - Zara fringed boots £49.99
If you need help pulling your wardrobe together for the new season, then contact me now.
Autumn Winter transitional look books can be a great way of seeing and buying new pieces for your wardrobe without leaving your house. These cost as little as £75.00. Example as below.