Autumn Winter Midi/Maxi dresses...Edits guide how to wear them...
It's time to throw in the beach towel... it's here! Autumn has landed in September!
How exciting, as now we need to start planning our winter wardrobes and no longer worry about getting a tan and showing all our wobbly bits off. We can now shop for lots of lovely jumpers and cosy up in front of the fire.
After spending the last couple of weeks permenantly attached to my computer creating online look books for many clients for their Autumn transitional wardrobes, I can't help myself but get obsessed by certain items of clothing. Top of my list at the moment is the new dress of the season, the midi or maxi dress.
Seen on the catwalk at Chloé and Etro, the new autumn dress has a bohemian Fleetwood Mac 70's kinda feel . The 70's trend is hot hot hot at the moment and the romantic, little bit-folksy printed dress is bang on the money. It is this season's update from the "boho" look, so no more embroidery, full skirts and smock dresses. More importantly, the new autumn dress looks great with a pair of boots whether it be ankle, midi or over-the-knee. Teamed with a leather jacket or fur gilet for now, then a pair of thick tights and a textured wintery coat for later on in the season. Read my styling tips below for some more ideas on how to give this trend your own style.
Check out my pinterest board for more style inspiration - Midi/Maxi dresses
1. Belting the dress gives it more shape and flatters your waistline
2. Adding some great accessories like a fedora hat will bring the dresses to life and add your style stamp to it.
3. A great jacket could change your look completely. By adding a fur gilet you are channelling the 70's trend. By wearing a leather jacket, you are adding the glam factor.
The only issue I have now is which one do I buy?
1. Atterley Galaxy Print Dress £115.00
2. H&M Black spot Maxi dress - £69.99
3. Zara £39.99
4. Maje Fulle length printed dress £315.00
5. & Other Stories Scarlet IBIS print dress £69.00