One of the many reasons for detoxing your wardrobe is to slimline the amount of clothes you have. Often when helping a client, we will find the strangest things lurking in the bottom and back of their wardrobes! Items that perhaps haven't seen the light of day for years, items that have holes in them, items that no longer fit and the worst culprit of them all, old maternity items that are no longer of any use to anyone!
All of the above has to go!
But what happens after the de-clutter? How do you go about re-building your wardrobe?
Well I have the answer.
It’s all about building a wardrobe methodically and mathematically - My five piece rule...this is my formula for building the perfect 'working' wardrobe. The concept is pretty simple: start with a fabulous collection of good basics, spending more on the items you will wear most often and that will go with everything. Then, each season, invest in just five fashion‑forward statement pieces to update your look. The idea is that limiting your choice will make you think more about what you buy, so there will be fewer regrettable impulse purchases. Plus, you can invest more in high-quality pieces that you’ll love for years to come.
So now is the time to make your five piece list for Spring Summer. Think about your budget and stick to it and by writing the items down you can always refer back it to throughout the season - it will ensure you don't impulse buy without consulting your list first.
If you need some inspiration, here is my Spring Summer five piece list (some of which I have already brought!).
1. A statement Jacket - this is something that can be worn daytime with a t-shirt or evening with a slip vest. Embroidered jacket - Zara £69.99
2. Mirrored sunglasses - the newest trend in sunglasses is with mirrored lenses. Illesteva Leonard Tortoise with blue lenses - Oxygen boutique £175.00
3. Culottes - these will be perfect for the summer in the daytime as a substitute to jeans in the warm weather. I still haven't found my perfect pair as I don't want them too wide and I want them in a quality fabric, so here is how I would style them. See my pinterest board - Culotte's styling 2016
4. Stripe jumpsuit - been on my list since the beginning of the year and I still love it, tells me that it will be a definate purchase when it's nearer holiday time. Stripe cotton jumpsuit - Mango £39.99
5. Lace up sandles - this year it's all about tying up the leg with your flat sandles, I fancy a coloured pair on my feet, currently lusting after these pair from Aquazzura at Selfridges but at £415.00 for the pair need to find a cheaper high street version!