Knitwear is making a strong statement for AW17. With alluring embroideries, powerful patterns and bold colours creating a stylish impact in cold weather wardrobes. From easy Autumn days to those chillier winter months, wearing statement knits has never been easier - just throw that sweater on!
Now the days are starting to feel chillier, it's time to think about the knits that you currently have in your wardrobe and what you want to buy to update it. See my pick of the high street and styling tips on how to wear your statement knits.
1. The embroidered knit - Embroidery is showing no signs of slowing down for the new season, with intricate needlework patterns elevating the knits of now. Bring the trend into your AW17 wardrobe with this soft, grey marl jumper with exaggerated sleeves, detailed with trailing floral embroiders in a vibrant red hue. Style it with a pleated green midi skirt, completing the look with a fedora hat and black ankle boots. Monsoon, £69.
2. The bold knit - Colour blocking is the easiest way to make a stand-alone statement this season, with striking separates adding a burst of brightness to your AW17 wardrobe. Prove the theory with this red cable-knit jumper, tuck the front into the waistband of dark blue skinny jeans, wear with black biker boots for a stylish and upto date look, Topshop, £39.
3. The "What are you saying?" knit - What's not to love about this jumper?! The Love jumper will perfectly complement everything from jeans to skirts. Layer it over a shirt for ultimate autumnal chic with jeans, or dress up with a pair of eye popping red heels for an evening out. Hush, £85.
4. The frilly knit - Frills have been a main stay of style over the past couple of seasons, so you can't go wrong with adding this style detail to your wardrobe. Frills ensure you have a feminine feel to your look but you can add a heavy weight belt, biker boots and a bomber to harden it up. Frill knitwear is also great for smartening up your workwear style with a pencil skirt or pair of fitted trousers, can be easily dressed up for the evening - this could be the most versatile piece in your wardrobe this Autumn. &other stories, £69.
5. The sparkle knit - Sparkle and knitwear always seem to come out every Winter, but they make a great partnership for your wardrobe. Style your sequin and sparkle knitwear in the daytime with jeans and trainers for that laid back look, or in the evening add a pleated skirt and a leather biker jacket and you are good to go! Mango, £35.99.
6. The cover-up knit - Long have we loved cardigans, but quite often it can be default dressing that isn't flattering, is normally frumpy and doesn't add any personality to your style. This season the cardigan is breaking out the box, but you have to be brave to wear one! Take the plunge and add tassles, cable knit, printed patterns and belts to over sized or pretty cardigans this Winter. Zara, £79.99.